Saturday, February 27, 2010

Vegan Banana Muffins

I scored a rockin' deal on bananas this week.  My banana cup runneth over.  Fruit leather, banana chips and still 2 bunches left.  So, I made some muffins.  After over a year of living gluten-free, Lukas now seems to be able to tolerate wheat.  Hence, wheat flour is used.  I have made these with gluten free flours and they were very tasty.
Vegan Sugar Free Banana Bread (original recipe by Chylain K.)
Ingredients:
1/3 c olive oil
1/4 Agave Nectar
2c flour (I used a whole wheat, all purpose, black bean combo)
1 1/2 tspn baking powder (baking powder has corn in it, so I substituted 1/4tspn baking soda and 1/3c molasses)  The mollasses gave these muffins a dark color, resembling chocolate.
1/2 tspn baking solda
2 ripe bananas, smooshed
1/4 c hemp milk (any liquid will work, milk, juice, even water)
1tspn vanilla
1/3c flax seeds (optional)
1/3c carrot/apple pulp (optional)

Combine ingredients, bake at 350 for 45-50 mins or 15-20 mins for mini-muffins

1 comment: